Nemea and Nafplio: Private Wine and History Tour
- Duration: 10 Hours (approx.)
- Product code: ATHWTNEM02
The Nemea region of Peloponnese is a highly recommended trip both to savor the unique local wine varieties paired with food delicacies, and to see some interesting cultural spots that will introduce you to the history of Greece.
Nemea is approximately 120 kilometers and only 1 hour away from Athens. It is worth visiting to taste a high quality Greek Agiorgitiko PDO red wine. Agiorgitiko, a name that comes from St. George (Agios Georgios in Greek), is one of the two most recognizable Greek red varieties along with Xinomavro of Naoussa (located in northern Greece).
The area is divided into three sub-zones, classified by altitude where you can find various wineries and taste the different styles of Agiorgitiko together with other Greek wine varieties. Other varieties cultivated in the area are the pink-skinned Moschofilero and Roditis, the white Assyrtiko, Malagousia, Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc. They also produce red wines such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Syrah.
On this tour you will combine a premium wine tasting and introduction and the philosophy of the wine production in the region with a cultural visit of the old city of Nafplio, the original capital of Greece.
- Pick up & return transfer from your point of choice within Athens (tolls included).
- Visit two wineries for a unique tasting of local wines after driving through the hills with endless vineyards of the region.
- Get introduced to the local grape variety through a guided tour in the wineries, the production methods and the passion of the wine producers.
- Taste their wines paired with local delicacies to fully enjoy the flavors.
- Enjoy a tour in designated sites of the wonderful city of Nafplio. The town was the capital of the First Hellenic Republic and of the Kingdom of Greece, from the start of the Greek Revolution in 1821 until 1834.
- Introduction to the Greek wine, and viticulture history by an experienced sommelier/wine expert that will guide you throughout the tour (from pick up to return)
- Minimum number of people 2.
- Duration 10 hours approximately.
- All admissions and tasting fees are included.
- Premium Tasting at € 40,00 per person
- Lunch inside a winery at € 40,00 per person
- All transfers are organized with Mercedes Benz sedan vehicle or with mini-van.
- In child rate wine tasting is excluded.
- For bookings of more than 10 persons you are kindly requested to contact our company to tailor made this tour to your needs.
Contact us for tailor made tour proposals. Let us organize the best wine experience for you!